Here at Two Tails we believe that a good glass of Pinot Noir is one of the simple pleasures in life. Not governed by summer or winter drinking, it’s a wine for all seasons. If you’ve tried our Two Tails Marlborough Pinot Noir you’ll know this about it…
- It’s a smooth bodied, easy drinking wine, with an aromatic and silky palate that defines premium Marlborough Pinot Noir.
- It’s food friendly, pairing well with lamb, duck or a mild chorizo, especially when served with root vegetables and a red wine reduction. It loves blue cheeses and vintage cheddars.
But here are 3 things you might not know about red wine.
- It could be a skin saver – Red wine contains the antioxidant, resveratrol. Antioxidants clean up the damaging free radicals that play a role in aging and age-related diseases. Resveratrol is often used in skincare products because of its protective benefit to skin.
- It’s good for your ❤️ – Red wine has an ability to increase HDL, (High-Density Lipoprotein). The well-behaved, good cholesterol. Research shows that one to two glasses of red wine a day are linked to, on average, a 12 percent increase in HDL. Higher levels of HDL reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It makes for a rejuvenated mojo – A 40 year study by Harvard and University of East Anglia scientists has found that middle-aged men who enjoyed a regular glass of red wine, and plenty of citrus fruits and berries were less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.