As you can imagine, many of our friends and acquaintances receive a delicious bottle or two of Two Tails wine as a gift at Christmas time, but this year I’ve decided to do a little research on how to make that gift just a little more personal. Russell thinks I’m mad, he says as I actually make the wine that’s pretty personal, but I’m not thinking about the gift itself more of how to wrap it up….. Here are my top 5 ideas so you can make your wine gifts personal.
How to wrap a wine bottle and make it personal:
- Idea #1 – For the hostess with the mostest…. Wrap your wine bottle in kitchen apron or a tea towel and secure it with ribbon or twine at the bottle neck. Now I’m not talking any old tea towel, check out these fabulous Kiwiana tea towels from Gecko.
- Idea #2 – For the gardener... Add a grapevine. The Country Trading company has a great selection. Then wrap your wine bottle in a plain jute bag or hessian sack, secured with some greenery from the garden. Add some used wine corks as decoration. Just like this.
- Idea #3 – For the foodie… Make some homemade Oat Cakes, (here’s a simple recipe), wrap them in a little cellophane bag and secure them to the bottle neck with some pretty ribbon. Add some homemade cheese! Check out this blog post about wine and cheese matching.
- Idea #4 – For the bottle half full person… Tie a decorative stopper on to your chosen bottle of wine. Stevens have a great selection.
- Idea #5 – For someone special… Add a save the date card and some cards printed with clues to a romantic destination for a summer picnic. Use a hole punch to keep them neatly together and tie with ribbon around the neck of the bottle. (Sssshhh, don’t tell Russell about this idea…. I might use it myself!)
Of course here at Two Tails we make it easy for you with our luxury gift boxed bottle of Two Tails Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, 2014. It’s pretty easy to wrap a box and with FREE delivery throughout New Zealand it makes it easier on the wallet too!