At Two Tails we love to share our wines, and have hosted many tastings for stockists, sommeliers and critics. If you’re looking for a fun way to explore new wines with your friends we can thoroughly recommend a social get together that incorporates wine tasting.
Now we really are talking a fun and casual wine tasting party, so we’re not going to get all stuffy about top notes and tannins, although you can if you prefer to. But this is all about fun and being the perfect wine tasting host or hostess. So with no further ado…
Here are 5 steps to hosting the perfect social wine tasting party:
- Choose your theme – There’s no right or wrong here, but we suggest different wines from Marlborough, at Two Tails we make that easy for you with our mixed case!
- Gather your supplies – Wine (that’s a given…!). Glasses, white napkins (so your guests can view the colour of the wine against a white background), bread or crackers as palate cleansers, pens and paper for each of your guests, water.
- Give your guests the knowledge – Go through the 5 simple S words to help your guests appreciate their wine, see, swirl, smell, sip and savour. Find out more about these here.
- Add food – At Two Tails our wines are made to be enjoyed with food, and those palate cleansers just won’t cut the mustard for the entire evening. You might find this article from our archives on wine and food matching useful.
- Don’t forget the play list – A party isn’t a party without a little music… Here are our top three tracks for wine tasting inspiration… Heard it through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye, Red Red Wine – UB40, Only the Wine – David Gray.
We’d recommend the Two Tails Mixed Case for your wine tasting party. Purchase one HERE and we’ll deliver anywhere in New Zealand FREE! Cheers!