Two Tails wines are not only terroir inspired, (made to reflect where and how they have been grown), but their affinity with food is important; it’s the reason that they are keenly sought by professionals for restaurant wine lists. That’s not to say you can’t enjoy them at home, and we’ve put together our top tips for a choice Kiwi festive feast, with matching wines!
Santa’s favourite scallops
Gently poach your scallops in Two Tails Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, then drink the rest when your lunch is ready! Scallops and Sauvignon Blanc go together like Rudolph and red noses!
Happy Christmas Ham
Nothing says Christmas in New Zealand more than a glazed ham for brunch. You may have a recipe for your ham passed down through generations, there’s only one way to ensure it tastes better… Pair it with Two Tails Marlborough Pinot Gris, delicious.
If you don’t have a glazed ham recipe try this one from Annabel Langbein.
Very Merry Venison
Swiftly becoming a modern classic, venison makes a perfect festive feast. Here’s how we prepare ours…
- Oil the meat
- In a bag, add S&P & paprika, ½ tsp of each with 2 Tbsp flour & 2Tbsp breadcrumbs, mix
- Add meat, shake and rub the dry mix into the fillet
- Remove meat from bag
- Place on BBQ grill
- Sear on all sides, careful not to burn the breadcrumbs
- Once seared and golden brown, remove to a oven proof pan
- In a 200º C oven, place venison and cook for 5 mins or until centre of meat is approx. 55oC
- Remove from oven, cover and rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve
Don’t forget the wine Two Tails Marlborough Pinot Noir is just the job!
Order your mixed case HERE, we’ll deliver free throughout New Zealand.
That’s it for 2015 from us, we’ll be back in 2016 with more wine and food inspiration, until then we wish you a very merry Christmas and happy New Year – Sarah & Russell